Hey, spring is in the air! The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming and your place looks like a dump. Yikes, time to do something about that. Spring cleaning anyone? Follow these five tips:
- Think organization. As you clean each space, look for opportunities to tidy thing up. Is your entry a carnival of discarded shoes? How about a shoe rack? How about instead of hanging your coat on a doorknob or throwing it over a chair, you install some strategically deployed coat hooks? We’ve already got ‘em at the Wilson Heights Apartments.
- Think donation. If you haven’t worn it in a year, let somebody in greater need than you have a chance at that still useable item. Ditto last year’s tech.
- Think selling. What about selling stuff you’re not using on Ebay? You don’t pay unless and until it sells.
- Think regularity. Spring cleaning doesn’t have to wait for spring. Any rainy Saturday can be put to good use keeping things clean and under control.
- Just think. Do you really need that? Ponder the spontaneous purchases for the stuff you just got rid of before you buy anything else.