Let’s face it, we live in unprecedented times. But this too shall pass, and in the meantime, here are some ideas for keeping sane and in shape while in lock down:
1. Keep moving. This would be a good time to develop the habit of going for walks, biking or even jogging. Down languish in front of the TV watching more depressing news updates about this dumb virus. Get out and move!
2. Call somebody. Get reacquainted with old high school buddies or past colleagues. And don’t forget to call Mom.
3. Pray. This is a good time to deepen or rediscover your faith.
4. Help out. There are plenty of folks worse off than you. How about bringing someone a meal, doing some yard work or other goof deeds done while keeping social distance.
5. Revisit or invent a hobby. This is a good time to see if you really have what it take to paint, write or whatever it is that scratches your creative itch.
6. Cleaning time! It’s spring anyway. How about a top to bottom cleaning and organizing of your closets, garage, or wherever it is that your junk may languish. But you’ll have to wait to take your stuff to the donation centers, those are probably closed for now.
One man’s lemon is another man’s lemonaide if you get creative!